Establish Connection Between the Router, Modem, and Computer:
- Unbox the Router and Cables: Firstly, you need to remove the packaging of the router. Then, unbox the power cable and the network cable that comes with your Linksys router.
- Connect your router to the modem. Now, plug the one end of the network cable into a LAN port of your modem and the other end into the yellow port of your router.
- Connect the Router to the Power Outlet: Take a power cable. Plug the one end of the cable to the router and the adaptor to the electrical outlet.
- Turn on your router: After that, press the on/off button of your router to turn it on.
- Connect your router to the computer: Now, you need to connect your router to the computer for Linksys Setup. For that, you need an ethernet cable. Plug the one end of the cable to the ethernet port of your router and the other end to the computer.
Check the LED lights located on the front panel of the router:
Now, check the LED lights of your router. You need to assure that the lights on the router are properly lit.
How to Setup Your Router Using Smart Setup Wizard?
After connecting the devices, follow the below-given instructions for Linksys Setup:
- Launch a Web Browser: First and foremost, you need to open a web browser on your system. You can access Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc. according to your preference. You will find the browser icons on the desktop of your computer.
- Access Linksys Smart Wifi Setup Page: Now, place your cursor in the address bar which is located at the top of your screen. Then, type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar and press the Enter key from your keyboard. This will open the setup page on your screen. If you are unable to access the Linksys setup page, you can enter the default IP address i.e 192.168.1.1 or myrouter.local in the browser’s address bar. If you still can’t access the setup page, reset your router. For that, press the reset button located at the back of your router for at least 10 seconds or until the LED light blinks.
- On the Linksys Smart Wifi setup page, do the following:
- Terms and Conditions: Click on the License Terms links and read all the terms and conditions of the License Agreement thoroughly. You must agree with the terms to continue with the process of Linksys setup. So, tickmark the checkbox “I have read and accepted the License Terms for using the software”.
- In addition, select the checkbox “I want to contribute to future improvements by reporting router errors and diagnostics to Linksys”. It will help you in resolving your router issues in the future.
- If no internet connection is detected, it will show you the “Your Internet Cable is not Connected Properly”. Here you will see some suggestions to resolve your internet connection. So, follow the tips to detect your internet connection.
- In case you are a Digital Subscriber Line user, you need to provide your account name and password. So, for the Linksys Setup, fill the necessary information which is provided to you by your Internet Service Provider:
- Enter your account name into the first field.
- In the Password field, type your password accurately:
- After that, click on the Next button which is given at the lower-right corner of the window.
- Now, it will take you to the Updates for your Router window. To ensure that your router is using the latest security and performance updates from Linksys, you need to select the checkbox “Install Future Router Updates automatically”. By doing so, all the latest updates of your router will automatically be installed in the future. After that, click on the Next button and move forward to the next step for the Linksys Router Setup.
- In the next window of Name Your Wi-Fi, you need to provide the below-given details:
- Enter your desired Wifi name that should include at least 8 characters but should not exceed more than 32 characters.
- In the “Wifi Password” field, set a password that should contain between 8-63 characters. Make sure that your password must be both strong and unique to secure your network from unauthorized access.
- After that, click on the Next button which is located at the lower-right corner of the window.
- Once you have created a new name for your Wifi, you were disconnected from the Wifi setup. So to continue with the Linksys setup, you need to reconnect your router with your new Wifi name. Then, click Next.
- Now, Create a Router Password window will display on your screen. A router password allows to access and configures your router settings So, follow the given instructions to set a password for Linksys setup:
- In the first field, create a Router Password field that should be difficult to guess but memorable. Also, your password must include 1-63 characters.
- After that, you need to add a password hint into the next field that will help you to remind your password in case you forget it.
- Then, click on the Next button and move forward for the Linksys setup.
- Finally, it will show you the Your Router is set up window. The page also displays your router settings. You will need these details whenever you connect new devices to your network. Click on the Next button placed at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, it will redirect you to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account Page. Here you need to create a Smart Wi-Fi account to access your router settings.