Linksys Router Setup
Connect the Router to the Modem:
For Linksys Router Setup, you need to connect your router to the modem. For that, follow the below-given steps:
- Unbox the Linksys router, power cable, and the ethernet cable.
- After that, plug the one end of the network(ethernet)cable into the LAN port of your modem. Then, connect the other end of the cable into the yellow port of your router.
- Ensure that the cable is properly inserted from both ends.
- Now, connect your router to the power outlet. For that, plug the one end of the cable to the router and the adaptor into the wall outlet.
- After that, power on your router by pressing it’s on/off button.
- Then, check the LED lights of your Linksys router. Make sure that the LED lights are properly lit.
Setup Your Router Using Linksys Application
You can set up your Linksys router from your mobile device with the help of the Linksys application. So, follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below for Linksys Setup:
- On your mobile device, tap the Settings icon.
- Then, tap Wifi.
- Now it will start searching for the wireless networks in range. Once the searching process is one, it will show you a list of available networks. Check the Linksys default network name (SSID) in the list. Then, connect your device to the default name of your router.
- After that, a pop-up box will appear on your screen. Enter your default wireless network password and then click Join, Note: You will find the default network name and password on the label given at the back of your router.
- Install the Linksys Application: For Linksys Router Setup, you need to install the Linksys application on your device. For that, follow the below-given steps:
- Open the Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Now, type “Linksys” in the search box and then tap Search.
- Then a list will appear on your screen. Select the Linksys app.
- After that, tap Get and then “Install”. By doing so, the application will start downloading on your device. As the process may take some time so you need to wait for its completion.
- Now, open the Linksys Application.
- Then, the Login window will appear on your screen. It will show you two options for login- “Use Email Address” or “Use Admin Password”.
- If you already have a Linksys Cloud account, enter your registered email address and password into their respective fields. Then, tap “Enter”. Otherwise, enter your router admin password and tap Enter.
- Now, it will take you to the Welcome window. Tap “Continue” which is given at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, the Linksys Smart Wifi Setup window will appear on your screen. Do the following:
- Click on the “License Terms” link and read all its terms and conditions thoroughly. Once you read the whole document, return to the Linksys router setup window. To proceed further, you have to accept all the terms of the License Agreement. So if you agree, select the checkbox “I have read and accepted the License Terms for using the software”.
- In addition, tick “I want to contribute to future improvements by reporting router errors and diagnostics to Linksys”. By doing so, if there will be any router issue in the future, it will automatically be reported to Linksys.
- Then, click on the Next button which is placed at the lower-right corner of the window.
- Now, the application will start configuring your internet connection for the Linksys router setup. If no internet connection is detected, the screen will give you a number of suggestions. So, follow the tips to establish a stable connection. If you are a DSL Subscriber Line User, you will be prompted to enter your account name and password. These settings were provided to you by your Internet Service Provider. Then, click on the Next button.
- After that, the “Updates for your Router” window will display on your screen. Tick the Checkbox “Install future router updates automatically”. This will ensure that your router is using the latest security and performance updates from Linksys. Then, click on the Next button.
- Now, it will take you to the “Personalize Your Network” window. Fill the below-given necessary fields:
- Provide a unique name into the “Network Name” field.
- Now, set a Network Password that should contain 8-63 characters.
- After that, click on the Next button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Next, it will take you to the “Reconnect To Your Network” window. As you have changed the wireless network name or password, the application requires you to reconnect to the new network name. For that, tap the “Settings” icon on your mobile device, find the new network name that you have just set in the above step. Then, enter the Network Password and click Connect.
- Now, go back to the Linksys application and tap “Next”.
- In the next window, you need to create a router password in order to access or configure the router settings. Whenever you want to view or change the router settings, you will be asked to provide this password. So fill the necessary fields that are given below:
- In the first field, set a router password that should contain 1-63 characters.
- Then, add a password hint that will help you to remember your router password in case you forget it in the future.
- After that, go to the bottom-right corner and tap “Next”.
- After that, “Your Router is set up” window will display on your screen with all your router information. It means that your router is successfully configured. Tap Next.
- At last, it will show you the Login window. Create a Linksys account if you have not created it before. But if you already have an account, click “Log in here” and then provide your registered email address and password.
Now, you have successfully set up your Linksys router.