This is a complete guide that will help you to setup Linksys Connect Software on your device.
What are the benefits of Linksys Connect?
- It allows quick configuration of your router.
- The software supports WPA and WPA2 security as they ensure the highest security with the maximum speed of the network.
- Also, it offers various Parental Control tool so that you can manage the daily activities of your kids from anywhere and at any time.
- It automatically installs all the software and firmware updates to ensure that your router has the latest version.
Prerequisites for Linksys Connect
- You should have the setup CD. The CD is provided to you at the time of purchase of the router.
- If there is any firewall on your computer, you need to disable it first on a temporary basis.
- Ensure that you have the ethernet and power cable with you to connect your router with the modem in the future.
Installation Using Setup CD
The software keeps your router up-to-date, view details of your router including model name, serial number, firmware version, and check for firmware updates. In order to set up your router, you have to pursue the below-mentioned instructions:
- Insert CD: Initiate the process by inserting the CD drive on your device. The CD will open automatically and start running to extract the files.
- Software End User License Agreement: With this, the terms and conditions window will come into view. Review the full document and click Next.
- Connect Router and Modem Together: Now, insert the one end of the Linksys Ethernet cable to the router and another end to the port of your modem for Linksys Setup. If you are facing any issue while connecting your router to the modem, you can click on the “Show me how” tab.
- Now, you will see a window that demonstrates that your router has already been setup. You just need to select the radio button of “Yes, install Connect”. Then, click on the Next button that is placed at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Input Your Router Password Key: Now, you will see another window on your screen asking you to provide your router passphrase. So type your password i.e admin into the mentioned field and click Next. But if you have customized Linksys router password, use that passphrase only. If the screen shows that the password is wrong, you can reset your router to its factory defaults. To reset, do the following:
- Locate the reset button on your router and press it for at least 10 seconds either using a pen or paper clip.
- After that, unplug your router from the power source for at least 30 seconds.
- Then, plug the power cable back into the wall socket and wait for the indicator light to become solid.
- On the next screen, hit the OK button.
- The installation process of Linksys Connect will be displayed on your screen. Click on the Done button to end the installation.
Alternative Method to Install Linksys Connect Software
If you do not have the setup CD, you can still download the software by launching the official website of Linksys.
- Move to Linksys Support Page: From your system desktop, locate your desired web browser and open it. Then, type support.linksys.com in the address field and hit the Enter key. By doing so, the support page will be accessed successfully.
- Enter Your Linksys Product Model Number: In the search bar, type the model number of your product and click search.
- Now, click Download. In the next screen, select your hardware version and operating system and click Download Software. The hardware version can be found at the back of your Linksys router.
- Carefully read the whole document of the Linksys license agreement and click I Agree.
- The software download now begins. After the Linksys Connect software download finishes, double-click the file for installation.