Linksys Wifi Extender is a device that detects the wireless signal from your router to increase the coverage of your network. It extends the range of your Wifi to reach nonexistent areas and eliminate all the dead zones. Further, Linksys extender comes with Spot Finder Technology that checks the location of your extender for better performance. So to set up your extender from extender.linksys.com, you need to follow the given guidelines carefully.
Linksys Extender Setup Process
Follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below to set up your extender from extender.linksys.com:
- First and foremost, unbox your extender, power cable and the ethernet cable.
- Then, connect the antennas of your extender properly.
- Connect to the Power Outlet: Take a power cable. Plug the one end of the cable to the extender and the adaptor to the power outlet.
- Check the LED lights located on the front panel of the extender: Make sure that the LED lights of your extender are lit.
- Connect your extender to the computer: In order to set up your extender from extender.linksys.com, you need to connect your extender to the computer, laptop or mobile device. For that, select one of the below-given methods:
- Wireless Connection Method: Click on the Wifi icon on your device. Find the default extender name i.e “Linksys Extender Setup– xxx” where xxx are the last three characters of the range extender’s mac address. But if you can’t find your extender name in the given list, place your extender near to the computer. Also, you can reset your extender. For that, press and hold the reset button on your extender for at least 5 seconds or until the LED light blinks.
- Wired Connection Method: For this, you need to take an appropriate ethernet cable. Then, Plug the one end of the Ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the extender. Ensure that the cable is properly inserted into the port of your extender and is not connected to Wifi.
- Launch a Web Browser: After that, open a web browser on your system. You can open Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc according to your operating system.
- Extender Setup Page: Now, place your cursor in the address bar which is located at the top of your screen. Type extender.linksys.com in the address bar and hit the Enter key from your keyboard. It will take you to the Linksys extender setup page.
- Now, click on the End User License Agreement link and read all its terms and conditions. After reading the agreement, return to the setup window. To continue with the extender.linksys.com setup, you need to accept the agreement. So, select the checkbox “I accept the End User License Agreement”.
- Also, tick the checkbox “Automatic Software Updates”. Then, click on the Start button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, it will begin searching for wireless networks in range. Once the searching process is done, it will show you the “Choose Your Wireless Network” window. Select your wireless network name from the available list. But if you are unable to find your network in the list, click on “I don’t see my network”. Then, follow the steps displayed on your screen to locate your network. In case you want to extend a dual-band network, be sure that you see both the bands on your screen. If you are unable to find both the bands in the list, click on “I only see one band of my network”.
- Click Manually enter Network Name and Password if you have a hidden network name. So, fill the necessary fields that are given below:
- Enter your network name into the first field.
- In the next field, Select your security mode.
- After that, enter your Wi-Fi password and then click on the Next button.
- Now the Spot Finder technology will find the optimal placement of your extender. So, if your extender is too close or too far from your router, adjust it accordingly. Also, you can skip this step by clicking on “Connect Anyway” and adjust the location of your extender after the setup is completed.
- Now, it will take you to the “Make it Secure” window. Here you need to create an administrative password to secure your extender. If you want to view or change your extender settings, you will be asked to enter this password. So, provide the requested information for extender.linksys.com setup:
- In the first field, set a secure and unique password. Also, your password must fulfill all the requirements of a strong password.
- Then, Re-type your password into the next field for confirmation.
- Also, add a hint for your password that will help you to retrieve your password in case you forget it.
- After that, go to the bottom-right corner of the window and click on the Save button.
- At last, it will take you to the “Your extender is configured”. This means that your extender.linksys.com setup is successfully completed.
- Now, disconnect your router and the range extender from the electrical outlet. Then, wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Then, firstly connect your router to the power outlet by using a power cable.
- Similarly, plug the range extender to the wall outlet.
- Ensure that the LED lights of both the router and the extender are stable. Now, you can boost the speed and coverage of your extender by connecting the devices directly to the extender.