With a Linksys WIfi Extender, you can expand the coverage of your network throughout your home. You can connect your computer, laptop or mobile device directly to your extender by using an ethernet cable. Linksys Extender helps in improving the performance of your network and extends the network to weak or nonexistent areas. Also, with Spot Finder technology, it helps you find the optimal placement of your range extender for better performance. So to set up your extender from extender.linksys.com, follow the given guide.
How To Setup Your Linksys Extender?
You need to visit extender.linksys.com for setting up your Linksys Extender. So, go through the below-given steps carefully:
- First of all, connect the antennas of your extender.
- Now, you need to connect your extender to the electrical outlet. For that, connect the one end of the cable to the extender and the adaptor to the power outlet.
- Next, check the LED lights of your extender. Assure that the LED lights of your extender blinks and then become stable.
- Now, you need to connect your extender to the computer for extender.linksys.com setup. To establish a connection, you can use either a wireless or wired connection method.
- Wireless Connection Method: If you want to connect your extender with the computer wirelessly, click on the Wifi icon on your system. Then, look for your default extender name i.e “Linksys Extender Setup– xxx” where xxx are the last three characters of the range extender’s mac address. If you are unable to find your extender name in the available list of Wifi, you need to place your extender near to the computer. But if your extender is still not found, reset your extender. Press and hold the reset button on your extender for at least 5 seconds or until the LED light blinks.
- Wired Connection Method: To establish a wired connection between your extender and computer, you need to take an appropriate ethernet cable. Plug the one end of the Ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the extender. Make sure that the cable is properly inserted into the extender and computer.
- Now, open a web browser on your system. You can access Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc according to your operating system.
- After that, you need to visit the extender setup page. For that, type extender.linksys.com in the address bar and then press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- On the setup page, select your desired language by clicking on the drop-down menu box given in the language field.
- Also, read the License agreement by clicking on its link. Review all the terms and conditions of the agreement carefully. Once you have read the agreement, return to the account creation window. To continue with the extender.linksys setup, you have to agree with all the terms and conditions. So, select the checkbox “I accept the End User License Agreement”. Then, click on the Start button given there.
- In addition, select the checkbox “Automatic Software Updates”. By doing so, it will automatically install all the software updates in the future.
- After that, the “Choose Your Wireless Network” window will be shown on your screen. Then, it will show you a list of available networks in range. Select your wireless network name from the list for extender.linksys.com setup. If you do not find your network in the list, you can click on “I don’t see my network”. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to locate your network.
- If you want to extend a dual-band network, ensure that you see both the bands on your screen. If you are unable to find both the bands in the list, click on “I only see one band of my network”.
- But if you have a hidden Wifi, you need to click Manually enter Network Name and Password. Then enter your Wifi details into their respective fields. For that, follow the given steps:
- In the first field, Enter your network name.
- Then, select your security mode by clicking on the drop-down menu box given in the field.
- Now, enter your Wi-Fi password into the required field.
- After that, click on the Next button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now the Spot Finder technology checks that your extender location is placed in the right position or not. Move your extender if it is too close or too far from your linksys routers. Otherwise, you can click on “Connect Anyway” and adjust the location of your extender after the setup is completed.
- Now, Make it Secure window will be displayed on your screen. To secure your network from unauthorized access, you have to create an administrative password. You will be asked to provide this password if you want to view or adjust your range extender settings. So, fill the necessary fields that are mentioned below for extender.linksys.com setup:
- In the first field, set an admin password that should be both secure and memorable. Also, consider all the specifications for creating a strong password.
- Now, Re-type the admin password into the next field in order to confirm it.
- In the next field, add a password hint that will help you to remember your password.
- Then, click on the Save button which is located at the lower-right corner of the window.
- Lastly, “Your Linksys extender is Setup” window will be displayed on your screen. It means that your extender.linksys.com setup is now completed.
- Now, you need to plug out the range extender and the router from the power outlet. After that, you need to wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Then, connect the router first and then the range extender. Make sure that LED lights become solid. You can now extend the coverage of your network in hard-to-reach areas.